Working as an Auxiliar de Conversacion in Alcala de Henares, Madrid, Spain. September 2010-June 2011
Thursday, September 30, 2010
Race sign ups!
So not only did I finally open a bank account here in Spain (yay now I can get paid!) this morning, but I also registered for a 10K race! I was at my friends' apartment last night and their roommate seems pretty into running & biking, and then he mentioned something about a race Sunday. I asked him about races in Alcala (the suburb I live in) and he said there are 2, one is the annual 10K race this Sunday. 3 days is a mighty short period of time to train for a race, but a 10K (which is 6.2 miles) isn't too bad so I decided to give it a go! Won't be racing for a time or anything, but just to make my first international racing appearance :P One of the other auxiliares also signed up for the race, so I won't be the only foreigner. I've never actually raced a 10K before- went straight from 5Ks to 42.195Ks (aka marathons) so this distance will also be a first! The race entrance was free (awesome!) but there will be water about halfway through & water/energy products at the end so that's good. Now I'm off to make dinner & rest up, first day of work is tomorrow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment