Tuesday, September 7, 2010

One Week

I'm moving to Spain in one week, wow! It still hasn't entirely hit me yet, and probably won't until I'm actually apartment hunting in Madrid. I really hope a week is enough time to find a place to live, get started on my NIE (legal residency card), and figure a few things out before orientation.

On a different note I'm really excited because hopefully I'll get to see the end of the Vuelta Espana live in Madrid!! I've been following the cycling race, and it will finish on Sept. 19th in Madrid. Unfortunately the race isn't televised in the US, so I've been streaming it online from a British website (and occasionally a French website) . I tried to stream it from a Spanish website, but it would only stream Indy car racing- something I definitely don't want to hear. I'm glad I found the British site because I prefer to watch the race rather than just get the end of day summary. It's also surprising how much you can learn just by listening to the commentators.

I've also booked my first trip; I'm going to visit friends in Munich for Oktoberfest! I'll be going the weekend after orientation before I start teaching, so it's a bit early to be going on a trip, but if I go any later it won't be Oktoberfest. I always thought Oktoberfest was in October, but it's actually mid-September through the first few days of October, weird huh? Anyways, I'm looking forward to experiencing it in Munich while visiting friends I haven't seen in a few years!!

No comments:

Post a Comment