In addition to the daily break (from 12-12:30 where we get coffee, oj, and a snack) I did have one free period during the day today. Luckily one of the other auxiliares in my school also had this period free so we sat in the teachers' lounge talking. There were also a few other teachers in there so we talked with them for a bit. During the break a salesman dressed in a suit came into the room and tried to sell us random things like a comforter. The other auxiliare and myself were stunned. After he left we asked one of the teachers about it and she said that it's not normal, but it does happen occasionally even though it shouldn't. Some of the teachers were also talking about how even though he claims to have discounts the items are usually cheaper & work better when you buy them elsewhere, so I'm not sure why he comes back if it's only very rarely that anyone buys anything. On a different note I'm really glad we get a snack at the break. Apparently we always get coffee & orange juice but the snack changes. Today it was mini grilled ham & cheese sandwiches which were delicious! I'm going to have to start bringing an apple or something for back-up because since school gets out at 2pm it's at least 2:30 before I can eat lunch. Breakfast around 8:20/8:30 and lunch not till at least 2:30- I can't go that long without eating?!
My third roommate moved in yesterday, so now we have a full apartment! He was born in Cuba, but has lived in the Canary Islands for the past 8 years. Luckily he doesn't have an accent from the Canary Islands because I've heard it's really hard to understand. He's studying here for the year and is really nice. It's nice to actually have someone in the apartment since Ines works all the time and is hardly around. Last night I had 2 of the other auxiliares over to watch NFL. Unfortunately none of the streaming sites were working (we found several) so we ended up just listening to music and watching gametracker... not nearly as exciting as the actual game. Hopefully for future games we can get the streams to work! At least I could watch video highlights of the Skins win over the Eagles :)
No comments:
Post a Comment