Friday, June 24, 2011

Winding Down


When you look back on an experience you remember all the fun times and good things, you don't remember so much all of the struggles and inconveniences. Although I still have over two weeks left before returning home I'm starting to think about how my year is coming to a close. Most of the other auxiliares finished work this week with the kids, and have left or are leaving in the next few days. I also have a week in southern Portugal after I leave Spain, so although I won't be home for awhile I leave Spain in just over a week. It still hasn't completely hit me yet that I'm leaving but once the goodbyes start it will begin to sink in. I've definitely had my share of rough patches this year but right now they were just bumps in the road. As things wind down there is still so much I want to do in these next few weeks and the reality is hitting me that I am going home. I am really excited to see my family and friends in the States again but overall this year has been great and I will be sad to see it end. I still have time to go exploring though, so I'm off to make the most of the time I have left!!

No comments:

Post a Comment