This week in school is Auxiliar's week. All of the auxiliars are going around to all of the classrooms and explaining to the school where they are from, what their culture is like, what they enjoy doing, etc. The kids are learning about Miami, Kansas City, Texas, Atlanta, NC, Ireland, Scotland, and London. My presentation includes Atlanta and North Carolina. There are pictures of the city of Atlanta, GT, baseball, American football, the NC mountains, NC lighthouses, Winston-Salem, my family, my dogs, my house, and some races. To go along with our posters a lot of us have songs. I tried to download some songs (since we don't have internet in the classrooms) to play but I couldn't get "Welcome to Atlanta" or "Raise Up", so I have "Carolina Girls" and it's been stuck in my head all week :) The kids also get to ask us questions- usually it's the same boring questions over and over, but every now and then I'll get a good one or a random one. One kid asked me if the potatoes in North Carolina were big, that was a bit odd. There was also one class that really was interested in racing and asked me a lot of questions about that, so I really enjoyed that class. That was also the class that was chanting "Carleigh Carleigh" as soon as I walked into the room, kinda a cool feeling to have a room full of people chanting your name because they want to listen to you!
Working as an Auxiliar de Conversacion in Alcala de Henares, Madrid, Spain. September 2010-June 2011
Wednesday, March 9, 2011
Auxiliar's Week
This week in school is Auxiliar's week. All of the auxiliars are going around to all of the classrooms and explaining to the school where they are from, what their culture is like, what they enjoy doing, etc. The kids are learning about Miami, Kansas City, Texas, Atlanta, NC, Ireland, Scotland, and London. My presentation includes Atlanta and North Carolina. There are pictures of the city of Atlanta, GT, baseball, American football, the NC mountains, NC lighthouses, Winston-Salem, my family, my dogs, my house, and some races. To go along with our posters a lot of us have songs. I tried to download some songs (since we don't have internet in the classrooms) to play but I couldn't get "Welcome to Atlanta" or "Raise Up", so I have "Carolina Girls" and it's been stuck in my head all week :) The kids also get to ask us questions- usually it's the same boring questions over and over, but every now and then I'll get a good one or a random one. One kid asked me if the potatoes in North Carolina were big, that was a bit odd. There was also one class that really was interested in racing and asked me a lot of questions about that, so I really enjoyed that class. That was also the class that was chanting "Carleigh Carleigh" as soon as I walked into the room, kinda a cool feeling to have a room full of people chanting your name because they want to listen to you!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment